Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Just A Jersey

Little Mister loves his new shirt. When he saw it, he said, "Mom, I need to wear this shirt for baseball!". He was very excited.

What does it say Mom?

Silly faces with sis

Look what I found

The pattern I used was "Just A Jersey" from Blank Slate Patterns. You can see it here. I loved this pattern. It was easy to cut out (4 pattern pieces for six pieces total, plus the two numbers). I think the most difficult part was appliquéing the numbers on. The pattern gave great directions on how to do this. I did make some felt bean bags with numbers, that gave me a bit more confidence. However, even without doing that the directions were clear enough it was easy. The shirt took just a few hours.

I love the shirt, its look and its ease of use so much. It's nice to have some fun, yet easy, options for boys. In fact, if little mister didn't already have enough shirts, I would consider making a different colored one for each day of the week. Variety is said to be the spice of life, though. I'll just have to wait until next year to make another one. And maybe make one for my friend's son in the meantime.

4 comments: